I’m building a list of ideas to serve a particular community (more on this later), and I thought I would share them here (especially since I stole most of these).
Ideas to impact a community:
- Find cultural interests and needs and offer a “safe place” for the uncertain (e.g., an art house, a coffee shop, a restaurant, a clinic).
- Emphasize acceptance no matter appearance or background.
- Challenge cherished religious ideas with grace.
- Reach out to culturally diverse churches and neighborhoods.
- Do what no one else wants to do in love.
- Meet with and love the antagonistic.
- Present a non-traditional image with logo, worship location, and approach to discipleship.
- Take the gospel to the college kids and give them easy inroads through music, art, and free counseling.
- In fact, offer free counseling to anyone.
- Pour out love to single moms and those with unplanned pregnancies.