Today, I shared out of Ephesians 3:1-13 where Paul shares what the main business of the Church is. Unfortunately, the Church gets caught up in a number of side agendas and forgets or marginalizes the life and mission Christ instructs us to live.
Rather than the Church being radically committed to the Great Commission and the Great Commandment, we often pick-up sidebar agendas and ram them to the front at the expense of our calling. Below are some of the concerns I have for the church:
- Obsession with Social Action.
- Obsession with Comfort.
- Obsession with Prosperity.
- Obsession with the Supernatural.
- Fear of the Supernatural.
- Biblical Illiteracy.
- A prayer life that stops at asking for stuff.
- A personal financial life that ignores God’s plan for your life.
- Unwillingness to be conformed to the Image of Christ.
The antidote is simply shelving personal agendas…dying to ourselves…living to Christ…and continuously allowing the Holy Spirit to convict us of our insistence on ignoring the purpose of the Church in favor of advancing our own desires.