Catalyst 2011 – Andy Stanley Takeaways
Andy Stanley, senior pastor of North Point Church in Atlanta, GA opened Catalyst 2011. He’s an exceptional leader/communicator. He shared about accessibility, success, engagement, and being present…very good stuff as always. Here are a few thoughts that stood out to me:
- The more successful you are, the less accessible you become (whether you like it or not).
- You can’t be fully present with more than a few people.
- As you wrestle with the reality of not being able to engage with everyone who needs engagement, you ought not to stop engaging altogether. Instead, “Do fo one what you wish you could do for everyone.”
- Don’t be fair. Be engaged.
- Go deep rather than wide. (relationally)
- Don’t be involved everywhere. Be involved somewhere.
- When you do for one what you wish you could do for everyone, you usually end up impacting more than just the one.