Church of God Public Statement on Charlie Hebdo Shooting in Paris, France
A valid question has been raised this week about the Church of God Public Statement on Charlie Hebdo Shooting in Paris, France. With all the media coverage that was given and received, the demand of a public response is only natural.
But there was none via the official channels, @actselerate or #OuRcOg public stream. And was it really necessary at this time of mourning to issue a public statement? The Church of God has historically declared its position on relative issues:
- 1980 Resolution International Terrorism
- 911 Resolution on the War on Terrorism
- 2002 Resolution on Muslims
- 2012 on the Peace of Jerusalem
- 2014 Resolution regarding the peace in Israel and the Middle East – currently unavailable for public use
So is there a need for a separate public statement at this time? After all, the terrorist did not submit to the church’s Christian values. The publications of Charlie Hebdo did not submit to Christian values either. Should the church enter conflicts not recognizing its standards? Should Christians be the moral police of the world? What do you think? Please share only personal opinions and not political clichés!