One thing this corona situation has taught me is that…
One thing this corona situation has taught me is that there are 3 types of responders to existential threats:
1. The paranoid..are those who live in constant, practically paralyzing fear!
2. The proud…are those who refuse to curtail their rights and liberty for the benefit of others and even self!
3. The practical…are those who take precautionary measures for self and others as they go their lives being responsible citizens!
I see that these responses are similar to how some folks “Fear the Lord” Who in the end is the Ultimate existential threat.
1. The paranoid live in constant terror of God’s Wrath! (some consciously but most not!)
2. The proud literally believe there is NOTHING to Fear so they live as they please!
3. The practical who simply have embraced God’s directives for how we should live in this compromised world with the security of knowing they are being responsible Kingdom citizens!
Oh yeah it occurs to me that there is a 4th category as well
4. The pretentious…are those who…OUCH!
What say you?