8 Things Christian Believers and Churches Can Do in Light of Recent SCOTUS Ruling on LGBT
1. State Level
- Contact your congressman/senator for available options. Write your governor without hesitation
- Texas Governor Greg Abbott signed a bill allowing clergy to refuse to officiate same sex ceremonies
- Texas Attorney General fights back against Supreme Court
- First Amendment Defense Act Sen. Mike Lee of Utah introduced
2. Personal Level
- Inform yourself and your family of the clear Biblical principles for love and holiness applicable in this situation
- Pray daily for the protection of your family and the salvation of many souls
- Be faithful to your husband/wife and children
3. Corporate Level
- Hold on to your Christian standards for doing business
- Support other Christian businesses
- Forgive and forget, but watch and pray
4. Local Church Level
- Join in corporate fasting and praying in the Spirit
- Uphold the Biblical standard of holy living
- Preach the truth as you have received it
- Adopt local church resolutions on the sanctity of the family
5. Denominational Level
- Adopt resolutions on the sanctity of the family applicable to all your churches internationally (not just North America)
- Adopt resolutions on same-sex marriages, transgender, abortions and all similar issues applicable to all your churches internationally (not just North America)
- Stand along members, ministers, local congregations and Christian schools under attack for upholding the Biblical standard of holy living
6. Christian Alliances Level
- Stay informed of all legal protests and options
- Learn about upcoming IRS changes and alternative exempt options
- Consult with legal council about your rights and obligations under the law
- Join with other Christians in legal measures for upholding the Biblical standard of holy living
7. International Organizational Level
- Beware of what Christian churches are doing internationally to protect their members, ministers, local congregations and Christian schools
- Examine your current tax status and consult your CPA, attorney and insurance agents about the various possibilities to protect your church and ministry
- 2015 ANGLICAN CHURCH Communiqué
- Methodis church Faces Schism Over Same-Sex Marriage
8. Get good insurance with adequate coverage and experience in the matter
• A good example from Brotherhood Mutual Ins.
- Statement of the Church of God Regarding Same-Sex Marriage Court Decision
- AFA: 3 things your church must do immediately to protect itself
- Church of God Instructions for Ministers: Marriage and Same-sex Relationship (75th A., 2014)
- SOUTHERN BAPTIST ADF PLAN TO RESIST ANTI-DISCRIMINATION LAWS
- Web-cached copy of ADF PLAN TO RESIST ANTI-DISCRIMINATION LAWS
- Brotherhood Mutual Ins: What should churches and ministries know?
- 6 More Things To Do after the Supreme Court Decision on Gay Marriage
- Why the church should neither cave nor panic?
- How Will the U.S. Supreme Court’s Same-Sex-Marriage Decision Affect Religious Liberty?
- Why Evangelical Churches Need to Address the New Reality?
- Will High-court ruling affect church weddings?