Erroneous Beliefs About Demons
There are today within the Body of Christ certain notions or thinking patterns which are wrong and which become barriers to deliverance work of the Holy Spirit:
(1) Christians are immune to the type of demonic activity requiring deliverance ministry. (Oh no they are not immune!)
(2) Demons are equally distributed among the human race. (Oh no they are not!)
(3) Deliverance ministry is a separate and distinct ministry. (You can’t separate out the preaching, teaching, healing and deliverance ministries of Jesus; they were all one ministry of His, and us.)
(4) Demons can’t read your mind. (Oh yes they can! Demons know what you know and what you don’t know. They know most important details of your life.)
Harmful Effects Of The First Of Those Errors:
(1) It leaves us impotent to free many Christians (especially leaders) from demonic bondage (for example, to pornography).
(2) It relegates deliverance to a low priority in training and preparing ministers and other Christian leaders.
(3) It prevents local churches from developing effective deliverance ministries.
(4) It forces some believers to seek help elsewhere.