40-days Devotional Guide for the Week of January 22, 2012
- Read John 20:30-31 – How has my belief in Jesus given my life?
- First Communion: (Read Matthew 26:29): Is there anything that I should cease from until I do it again with Jesus new in our Father’s kingdom?
- Prayer: Complete a new prayer card stating someone in your family that you are going to pray for specifically this week; give the reason why.
- First Sign (Read John 2:1-12)
- How has my believe in Jesus Christ transformed my life?
- Are there areas in my life that I have not “poured out” (surrendered to Jesus)?
- Prayer Card: Jot down notes from a particular prayer card that you’ve read and make a commitment to pray for that need throughout the day for this week.
- Second Sign (Read John 4:46-54) What areas in my life do I need to stop fretting over and simply trust that Jesus will be true to His word?
- Study John 3 and identify two or three specific verses that you sense the Holy Spirit leading you to apply to your life this week.
- Prayer: Bring your most desperate need before Jesus and trust Him to be faithful by you (John 4:49).
- John 4:53 So the father knew that it was at the same hour in which Jesus said to him, “Your son lives.” And he himself believed, and his whole household.
- What areas have you demonstrated to your family that you are trusting in Jesus? (Or what areas do you need to start showing your family that you are trusting in Jesus?)
- At the Prayer service take time to discuss the above and pray together. (Share faith-building testimonies together of God faithfulness.)
- REST! Psalm 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God…
- Read 1 Corinthians 11:28-30 in preparation for the Second Communion of the 40-days
- Beginning with the first hour of you awakening, list one reason you believe in Jesus each hour until 6:00 p.m. (try to back up your believe with Scripture).
- Note: this practice will keep the evening Communion service on your mind all day.