December 17th, 2018: Jesus is the Focal Point
Throughout this season it is very easy to get caught up in the business of everything that needs to be done for the Holidays that we forget to focus on what truly matters during this season, which is Jesus. As you’re preparing for the Holidays allow these Christmas symbols remind you of the true meaning of the Season.
- Evergreen Trees: Eternal Life “In the hope of eternal life, which God who cannot lie, promised long ages ago” ~Titus 1:2
- Star & Lights: Star that told of Christ’s birth. “After hearing the king, they went on their way; and the star, which they had seen in the east, went on before them until it came and stood over the place where the child was. When they saw the star, they rejoiced exceedingly with great joy.” ~Matthew 2:9-10
- Candy Cane: Staff of shepherds who visited the Christ which is the good shepherd “In the same region there were some shepherds staying out in the fields and keeping watch over their flock by night. And an angel of the Lord suddenly stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them; and they were terribly frightened.” ~Luke 2:8-9 “I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.” ~John 10:11
- Bells: Ring out to bring lost sheep back to the fold. “I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd.” ~John 10:16
- Holly & Berries: Green = Eternal Life, Red = Blood of Jesus. “In the hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised long ages ago.” ~Titus 1:2 “And being in agony He was praying very fervently; and His sweat became like drops of blood, falling down upon the ground.” ~ Luke 22:44
- Gift: Wise men’s gifts to the Christ. God’s greatest gift to us was the Savoir Jesus Christ. “After coming into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, frankincense and myrrh.” ~Matthew 2:11 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” ~John 3:16