You woke up this morning. You wanted it to be a good day. A good day could be defined as the following:
- No one cut you off as you headed into work
- No major conflicts arose at work or home
- No problems with your car or other machinery throughout the day
- People served you quickly and with respect at the store, restaurant, or other business
- You did not acquire any new projects (paperwork) at work
Some days it really bugs me, other days it rolls off. The sad truth is that the days I am bothered have become more frequent. I have tried the “be thankful” attitude and it used to honestly work. Maybe I should try that angle again. I could guilt myself into realizing again that I am in the top 1% of the richest people on the earth, although wealth is no indicator of contentment or happiness. In fact, it may be the exact opposite. See how my mind works?
I really wanted to change, so I decided to ask God how can I really change this.
What if today, I decided to started the day bracing myself with peace for the conflicts that will arise today?
How might my world be different?
What level of peace and contentment am I really entitled to?
I am not sure I have the answer to these questions. I guess the one thing that I can control is myself. I can choose (as hard as I can) to be a healing agent to bring peace, instead of expecting peace to come my way and I pray you will as well (so as not to break my peacefulness ).